Desna barracks airstrike
|Desna barracks airstrike|
197 Sergeant Training Center A4224
Village of Desna, Chernihiv Oblast.
|Target||Ukrainian Ground Forces|
|Date||May 17, 2022|
|Executed by||Russian Air Force|
- Kyiv offensive
- Antonov Airport
- Northeastern Ukraine campaign
- Chuhuiv air base
- Northeastern Ukraine–Russia border
- Stara Krasnianka
- Donbas offensive
- 1st Kreminna
- Siverskyi Donets
- 1st Lyman
- Bohorodychne & Krasnopillia
- Chasiv Yar
- 1st Kherson
- 1st & 2nd Voznesensk
- Davydiv Brid
- Other regions
- Kryvyi Rih
- Nationwide missile strikes on October and November
- Naval war
- Spillover and cross-border incidents
- Ukrainian resistance
- Belarusian–Russian resistance
- Possibly related
Ukrainian authorities initially reported that eight people had died and twelve were wounded, but updated the casualty count a week later when Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that 87 bodies had been recovered. Russian officials said that the military had used "high-precision, long-range missiles." It was reportedly the largest single loss of life in the Ukrainian military in the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- ^ Reuters (2022-05-17). "Russian air strike kills eight in northern Ukraine, emergency service says". Reuters. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
- ^ "Bodies of 87 people found under rubble after Russian airstrike on Desna". www.ukrinform.net. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
- ^ a b Reuters (2022-05-23). "Ukraine says 87 were killed in Russian air strike last week". Reuters. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
- ^ "Ukraine says 87 killed in Russian attack on military base". The Independent. 2022-05-23. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
This Ukrainian military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
This Russian military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.