|Birth name||James Michael Bruno|
|Born|| (1953-07-22) July 22, 1953|
Philadelphia 13, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Jimmy Bruno (born July 22, 1953) is an American jazz guitarist from Philadelphia.
Born in Philadelphia, Bruno started playing guitar at the age of 7. He began his professional career at the age of 19, touring with Buddy Rich. He played for many years in Los Angeles before returning to Philadelphia.
In March 2011, he opened Jimmy Bruno's Guitar Workshop, a web site that allows students to learn from him through video lessons. A student can watch videos of Bruno teaching, record a video, and then send it to him for his review.
- Sleight of Hand (Concord Jazz, 1992)
- Burnin' (Concord Jazz, 1994)
- Concord Jazz Guitar Collective with Howard Alden & Frank Vignola (Concord Jazz, 1995)
- Like That with Joey DeFrancesco (Concord Jazz, 1996)
- Live at Birdland (Concord Jazz, 1997)
- Full Circle with Howard Alden (Concord Jazz, 1998)
- Live at Birdland II (Concord Jazz, 1999)
- Polarity with Joe Beck (Concord Jazz, 2000)
- Two For the Road with Jennifer Leitham (CD Baby, 2000; re-release: Azica, 2005)
- Midnight Blue (Concord Jazz, 2001)
- Solo (Mel Bay, 2004)
- Maplewood Avenue with Tony Miceli & Jeff Pedras (Affiliated Artists, 2007)
- Pixanne, Bloop or Blink (Pixanne, 1975)
- Tommy Tedesco, Carnival Time (Trend, 1985)
- Tommy Tedesco, Fine Fretted Friend (Discovery, 1992)
- Jack Wilkins, Heading North (String Jazz, 2001)
- Art of Picking, Mel Bay
- Six Essential Fingerings for the Jazz Guitarist
- No Nonsense Jazz Guitar (Hot Licks Video, DVD)
- Inside Outside Jazz Guitar (Hot Licks Video, DVD)
- Cincinnati Jazz Guitar Society interview
- Modern Guitars Magazine interview Archived 2007-02-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Jimmy Bruno's Guitar Workshop
- Official site
- Jimmy Bruno at AllMusic
- Jimmy Bruno Interview NAMM Oral History Library (2019)