Mishal Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah
|Mishal Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah|
|Crown Prince of Kuwait 26|
|Deputy Chief of National Guard|
|Predecessor||Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah|
|Successor||Ahmad Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah|
|Born|| (1940-09-27) 27 September 1940|
|Spouse||Nuria Sabah Al-Salem Al-Sabah|
Munira Badah Al-Mutairi
|Issue||12 (5 sons and 7 daughters)|
|Arabic||مشعل الأحمد الجابر الصباح|
|Father||Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah|
|Mother||Maryam Marit Al-Huwaila|
Mishal Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah (Arabic: مشعل الأحمد الجابر الصباح; also spelled Meshal, Mishaal or Meshaal; born 27 September 1940) is the Crown Prince of Kuwait. Aged 81, he is the oldest crown prince in the world.
Mishal is a son of Kuwaiti Emir Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, and paternal half-brother of Emir Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah. He studied at the Hendon Police College and graduated in 1960. He later served as the head of State Security from 1967 to 1980. Afterwards, he worked in the Ministry of Interior until he became the deputy chief of the National Guard with the rank of acting minister (by protocol designation) in 2004. He was nominated Crown Prince of Kuwait on 7 October 2020. On 8 October, he officially became the crown prince of Kuwait.
- "Kuwait Emir Nawaf Al Sabah names Sheikh Meshal Al Sabah as new crown prince". The National. 7 October 2020.
- "Kuwait's emir names security czar Sheikh Meshal as crown prince". Reuters. 7 October 2020.
- "Kuwait National Guard الحرس الوطني الكويتي–-". Archived from the original on 16 July 2006. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- Profile & Accomplishments of Kuwait National Guard Deputy Commander and acting Minister by Government Protocol Archived 19 October 2017 at the Wayback Machine; His Excellency Sheikh Meshal Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah; Retrieved 3 March 2015 (Arabic Read)
- "Kuwait's new emir names Sheikh Meshaal as new crown prince". Al Jazeera. 7 October 2020.
- "Kuwait Amir names Sheikh Mishaal Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah as Crown Prince - Amiri Diwan". KUNA. 7 October 2020.
- "Kuwait names Sheikh Meshal as new Crown Prince". Arab News. 7 October 2020.
- "Kuwait Assembly approves Sheikh Meshal as Crown Prince". Gulf Business. 8 October 2020.