Uzhhorod International Airport
Uzhhorod International Airport
Міжнародний аеропорт "Ужгород"
|Owner||Zakarpattia Regional State Administration|
|Serves||Uzhhorod, Zakarpattia Oblast, Ukraine|
|Elevation AMSL||383 ft / 117 m|
Location of airport in UkraineShow map of Ukraine
UDJ (Zakarpattia Oblast)Show map of Zakarpattia Oblast
Uzhhorod International Airport, (Ukrainian: Міжнародний аеропорт «Ужгород»; Slovak: Medzinárodné letisko "Užhorod") (IATA: UDJ, ICAO: UKLU) is an international airport located in the city of Uzhhorod, in the western Ukrainian province of Zakarpattia. The airport is situated in the westernmost part of the city, in the Chervenytsia district at 145, Sobranetska Street.
It is a small airport, serving Uzhhorod and the whole oblast. The airport's runway begins 90 meters from the Ukrainian-Slovak international border, so planes must use Slovak airspace for take-offs and landings under special treaty.
The airport was not operational from 2016 (except for several months in 2019 when Motor Sich Airlines tried to operate flights) until June 2021. At the end of 2018, the airport received a certificate from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). On 15 March 2019, the airport resumed servicing regular flights. On 24 September 2020, Slovakia and Ukraine signed an agreement on the above-mentioned special treaty. Windrose Airlines performed the first regular flight on the route Kyiv - Uzhhorod on 2 June 2021. On 9 September 2021 the airport became fully operational. Until then, flights were carried out according to the so-called visual flight rules.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines operate regular scheduled and charter services to and from Uzhhorod International Airport.
As of 24 February 2022, all passenger flights have been suspended indefinitely.
|Year||Total passengers||Change from previous year|
- List of airports in Ukraine
- List of the busiest airports in Ukraine
- List of the busiest airports in Europe
- List of the busiest airports in the former USSR
- "Zakarpatske oblasne komunalne pirdpyiemstvo "Mizharodnyi Aeroport Uzhhorod (Zakarpattia regional communal enterprise "Uzhhorod International Airport")" (in Ukrainian). 2 May 2018. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Пассажиропоток аэропортов Украины — 2019".
- Flights to resume at Uzhgorod Airport as Ukraine, Slovakia reportedly settle border issues, UNIAN (19 August 2020)
- Аеропорт "Ужгород" має всі умови для функціонування у звичному режимі (in Ukrainian). 16 June 2016. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "." Reuters. Retrieved on February 24, 2022. "Ukraine closes airspace to civilian flights amid Russian military action."
- (in Ukrainian) Uzhhorod Airport resumed flights after a two-year break, Lb.ua (2 June 2021)
- (in Ukrainian) News of day: gas prices, mistakenly charged fines, airport in Uzhgorod, Ukrayinska Pravda (15 March 2019)
- (in Ukrainian) Ukraine and Slovakia sign agreement to unblock Uzhhorod airport, Ukrayinska Pravda (24 September 2020)
- (in Ukrainian) Uzhhorod Airport will be fully operational in September, Ukrayinska Pravda (31 May 2021)
- "Ukraine airspace closed to civilian flights". www.bbc.com. 24 February 2022.
- "Пассажиропоток аэропорта Ужгород из-за прекращения регулярных рейсов упал в 3,5 раза". cfts.org.ua. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Аэропорт Ужгород в 2017 году обслужил всего 182 пассажира". cfts.org.ua. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- "Пассажиропоток аэропортов Украины — 2018".
Media related to Uzhhorod International Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Airport information for UKLU at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for UKLU at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for UDJ at Aviation Safety Network